TEL 01923 233 477...|...FAX 01923 235 565

Long Residency

Highly Skilled Migrants Programme

Sports People and Entertainers Work Permits

Domestic Workers

EEA Nationals
and their Families

Family Members - Civil Partners

Graduate Employment Schemes

Medical Training Initiatives


Retired Person of Independent Means


UK Ancestry

Working Holiday
Maker Visa



Immigration for Independent Retired Person

If you are over 60 years old and have at least 25,000 income per year and a connection to the UK then you can apply for leave to remain.

To be given permission in this category you must be aged at least 60. You will need to have at least 25,000 each year available to you in the United Kingdom to live on, so that you do not need to apply for public funds. You must also show that you intend to make the UK your main home, although there is no restriction on keeping another home somewhere else.

Only people who can show a close connection with the UK will be accepted. There is no special rule about what this connection should be, so there may be a variety of options. We can advise you on the kinds of connections that are likely to be accepted, and help with applications.

If you enter as a person of independent means you will not be allowed to work here.

Applicants must have entry clearance for this category before they travel, and won't be allowed to apply to stay on if they have entered in some other category, but will have to leave to apply from overseas. When you are accepted you should be given five years to stay straight away, and will be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) at the end of that time.

Your spouse or civil partner will be admitted to join you, if he or she has entry clearance.

"Welcome to ARKrights Solicitors, leaders in all aspects of commercial and civil litigation, with our offices in Watford Hertfordshire."

Do you need legal advice?, why not call ARKrights today for FREE?

0800 634 3325

Or click here to read some selected cases.


Documents and guides for download from our website.

Download a range of legal and resource files in both PDF and Word formats...




ARKrights Solicitors. All rights reserved. | Site Map